Section exams vs FLs

jbrostrom

Section exams vs FLs

Post by jbrostrom » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi, I am wondering about the numbering of the Section Exams in the nextstep resources. Is the reason the section exams begin with #6 because the content is the same as the #6 FL exam? I would like to do extra passage practice because I have a hard time with timing, but I don't was to use up my available FLs as I intend to take all of them in a test day simulating manor.
Additionally, I am wondering about the content overlap between the shortened FLs and the NS FLs. I have taken 3 NS FLs and I intend to take a shortened FL next; should I take the #4 shortened FL to avoid getting questions I have already seen?
Thanks,
Jenny
NS_Tutor_Nancy

Re: Section exams vs FLs

Post by NS_Tutor_Nancy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:25 pm

Hey Jenny!

So when you look at the full length exams tab in resources, you'll see that there are 10 full length exams there. For full length exams #6-10 you have the option to take these as full lengths, or to divide them up and practice them in individual sections, found under the section exams tab in resources. They are exactly the same test, so if you click on chem/phys #6 in section exams, those are the same passages/questions in the chem phys section of full length #6.

The shortened full lengths are shortened versions of the regular full lengths, so if you already did full length #1, it probably would not be a good use of time to do shortened full length #1 because you will have already seen all of those questions/passages.

I hope this helps!
jbrostrom

Re: Section exams vs FLs

Post by jbrostrom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:07 pm

Yes! thank you