Question about NSTP FL Exams

bbiebelberg

Question about NSTP FL Exams

Post by bbiebelberg » Tue May 05, 2020 1:31 pm

Hello! I have already taken NS FL 1 & 2. Before I start taking AAMC FLs, I'm hoping to take one or two more NS FL tests, either as a FL in one sitting or more likely by breaking them up into one section per day. But I don't know which tests to choose from NS 3-10! Which one or two tests from among NS FL 3-10 would you recommend prioritizing?

As an aside, I'm looking at this point largely for passage-based practice. With limited time for more NSTP materials, would you agree that it is best to prioritize FL tests/sections over things like the QBanks or QBook? Or would you recommend differently? (Yes, I'll also be doing the AAMC materials.)

Thank you!
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Re: Question about NSTP FL Exams

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Tue May 05, 2020 11:43 pm

In the most transparent words: In general I would recommend sourcing from 3-5 first - and if you feel like it, give a C&P section from 7-10 a shot at some point. That is probably the best way to get passage practice.

As for recommendations in general:
If there are topics you are weak on, definitely try out our QBanks. They are some of my favorite materials.

Also, make very sure you've done all the AAMC section banks well ahead of time - those are extremely valuable practice. The AAMC QBanks are worth powering through in a few days, because with the exception of CARS they tend to be easier but representative of AAMC style. The AAMC CARS QBank is the best and most representative CARS practice source possible, so make sure to plan out time to finish that too.

Let me know if that answers your question, otherwise I'm happy to go more in-depth on this!