Biochem Chapter 11 End Quiz

sabrinatran17

Biochem Chapter 11 End Quiz

Post by sabrinatran17 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 pm

Hi I had a question at the end of the Biochem Chapter 11 quiz. Question 3 states: "Researchers concluded that reduction of membrane cholesterol was sufficient for T. cruzi infectivity of healthy cells. Do the results of passage experiments support this conclusion?"
Answer B made sense, but my problem is I don't understand the phrasing of the question especially the part that says "was sufficient for T. cruzi infectivity of healthy cells." To me it sounds like that reducing the membrane cholesterol was good enough for the T. cruzi to infect cells (even though that's obviously wrong). If I'm not reading it correctly please help me, otherwise I feel the question would've been better had it said "was sufficient for reducing T. cruzi infectivity of healthy cells."

Thank you!
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Re: Biochem Chapter 11 End Quiz

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:02 pm

There seems to be a word or two missing, and the statement in the prompt should ask whether the results suggest that a reduction in cholesterol lowers T. cruzi infectivity. Your current understanding is correct. This will be updated by tomorrow.