NYU for Canadian applicants?

nmannet

NYU for Canadian applicants?

Post by nmannet » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a definitive yes/no answer on whether or not NYU accepts Canadian applicants. I have contacted the admissions office as well as the Assistant Dean and have not yet received a response (presumably they are inundated with emails during application season). I have seen a number of premed/advising websites that list NYU as Canadian friendly however I see nothing on their website that confirms this. It doesn't look like they accept internationals but I've noticed some schools make the distinction between Canadians and other internationals which is why I am asking. If it's a firm no then I will not waste my money applying but if they sometimes do accept Canadians then I may consider it.

Thanks!
NS_Tutor_Will

Re: NYU for Canadian applicants?

Post by NS_Tutor_Will » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:07 am

I wish I knew for sure, but I don't have any extra information on that question. Hopefully someone else will be able to chime in with a definitive answer. If we don't hear anything, though, please do follow up once you hear back from NYU admissions!

Good luck!
nmannet

Post by nmannet » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Thanks Will.

I just got a response from the Assistant Dean of NYU:
"In order to apply to NYU School of Medicine, you must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident. We no longer accept Canadian students."

Can't get any more clear than that! Feel free to share this with any Canadian applicants. This seems to be a very common misconception and I wouldn't want anyone to waste their $$$ applying.
NS_Tutor_Will

Post by NS_Tutor_Will » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 am

Thanks for following up! Good luck with your application cycle!