When to submit application

michelle768

When to submit application

Post by michelle768 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:34 am

This is my second time applying to MD school and my MCAT retake is at the end of June. I know it's important to submit the application early. The only thing missing on my application is physician shadowing and the updated MCAT score. I have 3 years clinical experience working closely with pathologists and oncologists but I still want to include shadowing to get a variety of experiences. Is it okay to submit my application now or should I wait until I shadow and get my score back in July?
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Re: When to submit application

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Fri May 29, 2020 2:21 pm

Definitely submit now, if only to have your primary application verified. If there are any concerns about schools not waiting to see your new MCAT score, submit only to one school, so that you're verified ASAP. Whatever approach you choose, do not wait to have your primary application verified.

As for whether to apply to individual schools, while it is time consuming, I strongly recommend calling each admissions office individually and asking whether they feel it would be advisable to submit your application before your new MCAT score is available.