STRESSEEDD

deevagurl12

STRESSEEDD

Post by deevagurl12 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:47 pm

I am really discouraged. I got a 501 on the first full length and a 499 on the second one. My goal is to get at least a 505 on the actual exam. What do you think is the best thing to do? should i push the test back? i am taking the exam on july 19th. thank you.
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Re: STRESSEEDD

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:23 pm

If you're not feeling it, don't take it, or do take it and void at the end. Voided attempts do not count against you in any way, except counting towards your lifetime maximum of 7 attempts at the MCAT.

If you have the money and time in your life, definitely set a chunk of time you feel comfortable with aside and approach the exam the way you want to. There is absolutely no incentive to rush. If you need to make ends meet by yourself, maybe try to create a long-term plan to take the MCAT while working, and find a way to integrate studying and preparing into your daily life. Whatever you do though, don't be hard on yourself!
avo

Post by avo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Just wanted to say you're not alone! I had to postpone my test because I was around that range and wanted to improve towards a similar goal as you! At some point though I do think nerves will begin to make us psych out on what we really know or not! In my FL reviews I find I tend to second guess myself a lot and if I had been more confident with my line of thinking or actually took the time to read properly, my score would be vastly different.

Take a few breaths, push in some good effort and believe that said effort will positively influence your score! Good luck studying future Dr!
deevagurl12

Post by deevagurl12 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:11 am

Thank you so much! That was really encouraging & what I needed to hear!