Units and Dimensional Analysis

heflicra000

Units and Dimensional Analysis

Post by heflicra000 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:23 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if NextStep has content that goes over using units to answer physics problems that I might be missing? If not, where would you recommend I look to help me use this strategy when answering problems? It's covered in to some extent in the physics book, but I think it would be great if there was a video or an extended lesson of one of the tutors going over how to use dimensional analysis to answer questions.

Thanks
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Re: Units and Dimensional Analysis

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:08 pm

In general, I believe this is integrated into our materials - the physics QBank would be a good place to start working on those sorts of skills. We also have upcoming office hours on January 30, from 7 PM to 9:15 PM CST, which will be dealing with exactly these kinds of problems.

Other than that, I believe we are currently working on adding and updating videos that help build these sorts of skills. The newest editions of our books should also have entire chapters of the Reasoning in CARS & Science book dedicated to both dimensional analysis and methods of algebra and arithmetic.