Math

amahmood16

Math

Post by amahmood16 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Quotient Rule Chapter 32 in review book page 495 and in lesson 13 practice cooldown #4 I have always learned that its the difference (fg'-gf'/g^2) not the sum (fg'+ gf'/g^2) divided by the square of the thing being divided. and I looked online for this equation and its different than the one in the book.

On page 192 of the lesson book. problem #4 in lesson 16 on slide 34 it says x=-6 when -18x=3 but it should be x=-1/6 I think. I was wondering if this was just a mistake.
NS_Tutor_Sophia

Re: Math

Post by NS_Tutor_Sophia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi amahmood16, you are correct on both accounts. The quotient rule does indeed incorporate the difference, not the sum, of f'g and fg', and -18x = 3 does simplify to x = -1/6.

The PCAT Review and Lesson Books have been recently updated with corrections, although these changes might not be reflected in book versions prior to these updates. Thank you for providing this feedback, and please feel free to submit any future feedback to pcat@nextsteptestprep.com for our content team to review so that our materials can be kept as error-free as possible. :)
Sophia Stone
PCAT Content Manager
Next Step Test Prep
Sam_S

Post by Sam_S » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:43 am

amahmood16 wrote:Quotient Rule Chapter 32 in review book page 495 and in lesson 13 practice cooldown #4 I have always learned that its the difference (fg'-gf'/g^2) not the sum (fg'+ gf'/g^2) divided by the square of the thing being divided. and I looked online for this equation and its different than the one in the book.

On page 192 of the lesson book. problem #4 in lesson 16 on slide 34 it says x=-6 when -18x=3 but it should be x=-1/6 I think. I was wondering if this was just a mistake.
I received my books in May and I am finding a lot of errors and typos in the math sections right now. The Lesson Book had discrepancies compared to the video as well. I just completed Lesson 13 and I had to correct some of the problems in the Lesson Book to match.
NS_Tutor_Sophia

Post by NS_Tutor_Sophia » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi Sam_S,

Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly working to keep our materials up-to-date and as error-free as possible, and your feedback is an important part of that process. Could you please email us at pcat@nextsteptestprep.com with any errors you think you have found so our content team can work to address any possible errors?
Sophia Stone
PCAT Content Manager
Next Step Test Prep
Sam_S

Post by Sam_S » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:11 am

NS_Tutor_Sophia wrote:Hi Sam_S,

Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly working to keep our materials up-to-date and as error-free as possible, and your feedback is an important part of that process. Could you please email us at pcat@nextsteptestprep.com with any errors you think you have found so our content team can work to address any possible errors?
I can try to after I take the test in a couple of weeks but there were several typos so to document them will take some time...So far I have found the most in the math chapters, Lesson and Review book.