Trying to Stay on Schedule

runanteldat

Trying to Stay on Schedule

Post by runanteldat » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello,

So is anyone else having trouble finishing a days worth of work for the prep course? I have it on part time and I've blocked off 5hrs a day Mon-Friday to prep, but I can never finish. I've had to reset the plan twice already and Im only 3 weeks in.

Please help :? lol
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Re: Trying to Stay on Schedule

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:35 am

Hey there, I left this up for a while to see if any students wanted to offer opinions. Honestly, this can be a common hangup - and MCAT studying requires both building stamina, splitting your study sessions up into several smaller ones to create an extended, productive day and ultimately a large degree of flexibility.

I can do this in greater detail when I work with tutoring students directly, but for the most part I recommend finding particular forms and areas of practice that you feel are the most engaging and time efficient, and prioritizing those - and to possibly side-line things that seem to yield less return per time spent. I would also place some emphasis on having seen all content subjects and categories at least once before taking FLs.

On the bright side, prioritizing and planning may become easier after your first AAMC FL/Sample.
bbiebelberg

Post by bbiebelberg » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:59 pm

If you reset the study plan, do you lose all of your progress, or does it just reschedule all of the material that's not yet marked as completed?
Noor0110

Post by Noor0110 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:43 pm

My planner shows daily tasks in bold/darker colours and some in lighter colours. There isn't a legend but I am assuming the darker colours mean those items are required and the lighter items are recommended??
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:01 pm

If you reset the study plan, do you lose all of your progress, or does it just reschedule all of the material that's not yet marked as completed?
It will reschedule everything but show completed modules in strikethrough.
My planner shows daily tasks in bold/darker colours and some in lighter colours. There isn't a legend but I am assuming the darker colours mean those items are required and the lighter items are recommended??
That is exactly right.
alyssacenci

Post by alyssacenci » Wed May 27, 2020 11:12 pm

Is there a way to change the end date of your study plan (your exam date) rather than completely resetting it?

Thanks!
Alyssa
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Thu May 28, 2020 2:04 am

I do not believe so, but for what it is worth, a reset retains modules and assignments that are already completed.